Act as an authorized representative of the permit holder with the sole job responsibility of Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS). The TCS will have due authority over all on-site employees, contractors and sub-contractors performing activities in the public right of way associated with this permitted project. We are looking for the most motivated, organized and professional traffic control expert in the field to work with our existing team of professionals.
We are not just another flagging company! Experience is nice but not required. Our team will train and mentor you to be your best.
State minimum age requirement to become certified is 18 years of age and you MUST already have a Flagger Certification card, possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and your own reliable transportation to apply.
This position is permanent/seasonal. Job based on quality work and teamwork and requires 24/7 availability during the construction season. Hours can be few to more than enough. This position is outdoors and subject to hot, cold, wind, rain, dark, close to home, and far from home, etc. We are currently working from Everett to Chehalis, North Bend to Aberdeen, typically up to 70 miles from our Tacoma office for the majority of our contracts. We have a combination of private pay and prevailing work consistent with State and Federal wage and labor laws. Learn to be a GREAT traffic control expert and team player, and you will do well. We are looking for the most motivated, organized and professional traffic control expert in the field to work with our existing team of professionals.
Must be insurable with clean driving record and pass a drug screening at your expense. This company conducts random, cause, and post-accident testing.
- Act as an authorized representative of the permit holder with the sole job responsibility of Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS). The TCS will have due authority over all on-site employees, contractors and sub-contractors performing activities in the public right of way associated with this permitted project.
- TCS to be on site during all hours of work where temporary traffic control is being utilized to direct traffic and/or when deliveries are being made to/from the job site. If multiple shifts are being worked, it may be necessary to have a second TCS cover the additional shifts.
- Act as point of contact for all inspectors on all job sites associated with this permit for traffic/pedestrian control and hours of use of the right of way.
- Must have a current Washington State Traffic Control Supervisor certification and a Washington State Flagger certification.
- Must provide 24-hour contact number and be available to take/return calls within 20 minute period. Number must be provided to the Right of Way Use Office and will be distributed to all inspectors, Right of Way staff, and Police Traffic Division.
- Must have means of direct communications to each site supervisor during all work hours.
- Experience Driving large company vehicles (one-ton trucks or larger) CDL preferred
- Must possess clean driving record and be eligible to be insurable by company.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills; ability to represent AGS brand, business, and safety policies to various levels of customer management in a professional manner.
- Must be able to adapt and improvise as conditions and plans change
- Ability to read and understand traffic control plans
- Ability to learn and use app based systems and software for mapping and time and reporting purposes.
- Ability to work both day and night shifts (and the ability to be prepared at all times with proper gear)
- Must possess, or acquire before becoming employed, an Android or IOS (Apple) based Smartphone
- Willingness to work outside of 70 mile radius to AGS office.
- Willingness to work on projects requiring more than one night/multiple (extended stay) night hotel stays is preferred.
- Development of temporary traffic and pedestrian control plans. Temporary Traffic Control Plans must address all aspects of the transportation system including pedestrian facilities. Plans must illustrate ADA compliance with all affected pedestrian facilities.
- Implementation of approved traffic control plans.
- Coordinate temporary traffic control with other construction sites in the area to assure traffic/pedestrian safety and traffic flow.
- Communication of Traffic Control Plan to all site workers responsible for traffic control including emergency vehicle response procedures and ANY changes to controls based upon traffic flow, channelization, pedestrian needs or other conditions.
- Control site access points and all ingress and egress to and from the site including vehicle and equipment staging. Monitor and ensure appropriate utilization of all approved off-site staging areas.
- Implement and communicate changes to temporary traffic control set up to mitigate changing roadway/traffic conditions. Provide written communication documenting any changes in the temporary traffic control plan to the City of Bellevue Inspector within one day of implementation of change.
- Ensure adherence to work schedule per site including any “in-field” requirements imposed by City staff.
- Verify that any contractor or sub-contractor staff involved in the direction of traffic movement are certified under State requirements.
- Ensure the removal of all temporary traffic control signs and/or devices when temporary traffic control is not in effect.
- Adherence to all conditions of the Right of Way Use permit.
- High school or equivalent
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Journeyman Flagger Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- TCS Card
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply: Click Here to Download Application
- Complete Application
- Save completed application as a Word document
- Click on APPLY NOW and attach to email
- We will reply promptly